Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Best Insulated Dog House Quick List
- Petmate Indigo Igloo Dog House with Microban
- ASL Solutions Deluxe Insulated Dog Palace
- Petsfit Dog House
- Petmate Extreme Weather-Resistant Log Cabin Dog House
- Petmate Dogloo XT with Microban
We actually recommend purchasing the best insulated dog house you can buy and following guidelines for your pets during the winter. Many heating elements can burn or harm your pet so having an insulated dog house can prevent those injuries. The American Veterinary Medical Association does not recommend leaving pets outdoors for long periods of time in below-freezing weather in their Cold Weather Animal Safety recommendations. There are some long coat dogs and breeds that do well outdoors in the winter, but most should be brought indoors when the temperature is below 45 degrees. Our list of dog houses above will keep your pet warm without the need of a heating element at reasonable temperatures. Properly sizing your dog house to your dog is extremely important as well. Too big of a dog house will not allow your dogs natural heat to provide warmth to the space. It might seem like a good idea to provide a big space for your dog, but too big of a space when the temperature is cold is actually not a good thing when heating the dog house.
Petmate Indigo Igloo Dog House
The Petmate® Indigo® Dog House is a top-of-the-line classic igloo-shaped outdoor doghouse that is a sturdy and spacious option that provides security and comfort for your dog. Featuring an extended, offset doorway that gives your pet extra protection from rain and wind. The patented dome design keeps the house stable in high winds while naturally shedding snow and other debris that could collect on the top. The insulated dog house features heavy-duty construction that keeps pets cool in the summer and warm in the winter. and help keep your pet protected from outdoor elements. Rooftop ventilation allows for continual airflow. The raised floors are equipped with side moats that are designed to drain off moisture and keep floors dry.
Hound Heater Dog House Furnace Deluxe with Igloo Bracket
Petmate Quilted Indigo Nylon Pad
1. Roof ventilation allows for comfortable air flow for pets inside the house
2. Heavy-duty construction provides insulation to keep pets comfortable on hot and cold days
3. Microban Antimicrobial Product Protection helps prevent the growth of stain and odor-causing bacteria
4. Extended, offset doorway helps shield pets from wind and rain
ASL Solutions Deluxe Insulated Dog Palace
The ASL Dog Palace provides a warm environment for your dog and features up to 4 inches of real foam (Styro/EPS) insulation in each panel for optimum comfort and for a healthy temperature. Insulation is not only for warmth, it keeps temperature stable by preventing outside temperatures from affecting indoor temperatures. This special insulated dog house is intended to keep your dog cooler during hot and warm weather, while also helping to keep your dog warmer during colder weather. Featuring a heater portal (allows for the heater’s electrical cord to directly exit the rear of the house) that helps to keep the dog from tripping over the cord, this innovative dog house makes for an excellent home if you are looking for a way to create a heated dog house.
ASL Solutions Dog Palace Floor Heater
ASL Solutions Fleece Dog Bed
– Fully insulated: Up to 4 inches of real foam (Styro/EPS) insulation in each panel.
– Easy Pass-Through Door: The bottom half of the door is removable during the initial training process.
– Raised & Sloped Floor: Floor is sloped and has a drain hole to make cleaning a breeze, just hose down and water runs out. Floor is raised to provide a dry and warm bedding area.
– Window Panel in Door: Self Storing window panels easily reposition from winter’s closed position to summer’s cross ventilation position without tools.
Petsfit Dog House
With solid wood & stainless-steel hardware, the Petsfit Dog House is strong & sturdy for long-lasting protection. With the addition of rigid foam board or the Petsfit Insulation Kit, this can be easily transformed into a super-insulated dog house that can be heated.
As it is, we like many of the features that provide a heated dog house for your pet including the natural cedar wood, water-based paint, asphalt roof to shed rain and snow while protecting from the hot sun, and the protective doors.
Petsfit Insulation Kit
– Roof can be opened, bottom floor can be removed for easier cleaning.
– Raised off the ground providing better protection and ground insulation.
– Included door flap.
Petmate Extreme Weather-Resistant Log Cabin Dog House
The Precision Pet® Extreme Log Cabin Dog House is the perfect outdoor shelter for your dog. Constructed from solid wood and stainless steel hardware make it extremely sturdy. It is weather, pest, rot and rust resistant. Shaped like a traditional cabin lodge, it weather-resistant adjustable self-leveling feet allow the structure to balance even on rough surfaces. Meticulously crafted, this dog house also features a rain resistant asphalt shingled roof this shelter for increased protection for your pet from the elements.
Adding the Insulation Kit makes this dog house an option to be heated:
– Log Cabin Dog House Insulation Kit
Petmate Dogloo XT with Microban
The classic igloo-shaped Petmate® Dogloo XT protects your dog or small farm animal from harsh outdoor elements. The Dogloo XT is sturdy, spacious, and provides security and comfort for your dog. The extended, offset doorway provides extra protection from heavy wind and rain while the dome shape naturally sheds snow, leaves, or hail. Other features include insulation for changing seasons, rooftop ventilation for continual airflow, and raised floors with side moats for moisture draining. Available in various sizes that can accommodate a wide range of pets.
– Petmate Dogloo Door XT
– Lectro-Kennel Igloo-Style Heated Pad