Last Updated on November 16, 2020
Best Shotshell Reloading Press Quick List
- MEC Sizemaster Shotshell Reloading Press
- MEC 8567N Grabber Progressive Shotshell Reloader
- Lee LOAD-ALL II Precision Shotshell Reloading Press
- MEC 9000GN Progressive Shotshell Reloading Press
- MEC 600 Jr Mark V Shotshell Reloader
A shotshell reloader for shotgun shells is a good thing for shooters to have if they’re looking to secure the ability to make their own shotgun shells on demand. As a shooter, you become less susceptible to market supply and don’t have to worry about trying to track down shells online or in your local gun shops. Money savings are possible, especially if you buy a good brand that reduces waste. We recommend a shotshell reloader to anyone looking to reload shells as a hobby or secure their own source of shotshells and rely less on the market.
This MEC Shotshell reloading press offers a lot of features in a single-stage reloader. MEC states that “the Sizemaster is the #1 choice of hunters worldwide” and based on the features, we see why. The built-in collet re-sizer returns every base to factory specs, drastically reducing jams. A must if you are using an autoloader or pump shotgun. We also like the ability to purchase additional die sets for different gauges, expanding the versatility of this shotshell reloader.
Simplicity without sacrificing convenience and efficiency
– Loaded with premium features.
– Includes highly accurate “Power Ring” collet re-sizer returns every base to factory specifications.
– Re-sizing station handles brass or steel heads, both high and low base.
– The E-Z Prime auto primer feed is standard equipment. It dispenses primers automatically (automatic primer feed not available on .410 bore).
A step up in price and operational speed from our top pick, the Grabber Shotgun shell reloader offers progressive shotshell reloading with six stations that produces a finished shell with every pull of the handle. This unit is fast, efficient and extremely well built as with any MEC product. Like the Sizemaster, this press includes the “Power Ring” resizer which prepares accurately sized shells. A downside is the inability to purchase die sets to convert the press to another gauge. However, if you are looking for a fast reloader for a specific use such as a reloading 28 gauge target loads, this machine cannot be beat.
The 8567N Grabber has everything you need for high-speed, efficient operation and unbeatable precision.
The multiple operations at six stations speedily produce a finished shell with every stroke of the handle. It has a fully automatic primer feed, as well as auto-cycle charging, and our exclusive three-stage crimp. The “Power Ring” resizer gives consistent, accurately sized shells for optimum gun performance, without interrupting the reloading sequence. The operator simply puts in the wads and shell casings and removes a loaded shell with each pull of the handle.
Superior engineering and unique versatility is exhibited in the 8567N Grabber.
Optional kits to load 3″ shells for 12 and 20 gauge by purchasing kit number 8582-12 or 8582-20 (not available in .410 gauge). Steel shot shooters consider this reloader as the ultimate in its field. Resizes high and low base shells.
If you are looking to lower your initial investment in a shotshell reloader, and therefore your overall cost of shotgun shell reloading, the Lee Load-All II might be your best bet. At a much lower price than our previously reviewed MEC products, the Lee Load-All II delivers many features at a price solidly under $100. Available calibers include 12 Gauge, 16 Gauge and 20 Gauge with no plans to add a .410 or 28 Gauges. You will also need to buy a new press for each gauge as there are not die sets available to change up gauges. However, at this price point, it is affordable.
– Twenty-four shot and powder bushings are included free.
– Capable of reloading 200 shells per hour.
– Hopper holds over 5 lbs. of shot, enough to load over 125 rounds.
– Built-in primer catcher with an easy-to-empty door right up front.
– Recesses at every station for speedy shell positioning.
– Easy and economical gauge conversion.
– Adjustable from the standard 2 3/4 shell, up to 3 inch shell.
A step up in price and operational speed from our top pick, the MEC 9000GN shell reloader offers progressive shotshell reloading with all the features of the Grabber plus automatic indexing and finished- shell ejection. Like the Grabber, this unit is fast, efficient and extremely well built as with any MEC product. Like the Sizemaster and Grabber, this press includes the “Power Ring” resizer which prepares accurately sized shells. A downside is the inability to purchase die sets to convert the press to another gauge. However, if you are looking for a fast reloader with automatic advancing and ejection, this machine cannot be beat.
Finished shells with every stroke
– The fastest, smoothest indexing system ever made. Our factory-set speed provides uniform movement through every reloading stage regardless of operator action.
High-speed, high-volume reloading at its best.
– The 9000GN has all the innovative features found on the 8567N Grabber, plus automatic indexing and finished-shell ejection for quicker and easier reloading.
– Revolutionary Auto-Dex™ automatically moves the shells through each reloading stage by simply returning the handle to the top of its stroke.
– Accurately resized shells are achieved with each stroke.
– Finished shells are automatically ejected from the shell carrier after final crimping. This time-saving feature makes one-more-hand operation obsolete.
MEC lists the 600 Jr. Mark V as the “#1 Shotshell Reloader in the World.” This reloader is a nice and easy reloader with not a lot of complexity. It just loads shells quickly and simply. MEC engineering and quality all for a price under $300.
– Time-tested excellence is built into this single-stage reloader featuring a quick, simple operation with minimal effort.
– Load four to six boxes per hour.
– Can be upgraded with the 285 CA primer feed (not available in .410 bore), eliminating the need to handle each primer individually.
– The 600 Jr. Mark V is adjustable for 3″ shells, and is available in 10, 12, 16, 20 and 28 gauge and .410 bore. Die sets are available in all gauges.