Last Updated on November 16, 2020
Best Reloading Press & Ammo Reloading Kit Quick List
- Hornady Lock-N-Load Auto-Progressive Reloading Press
- Lee Reloading Press Breech Lock Challenger Kit
- RCBS Reloading Press RC Supreme Master Kit
- Hornady Lock-N-Load Automatic Ammo Plant
- RCBS Rebel Single Stage Reloading Press
- Redding T-7 Turret Reloading Press
- MEC Sizemaster Shotshell Reloading Press
A reloading press is a good thing for shooters to have if they’re looking to secure the ability to make their own ammo on demand. As a shooter, you become less susceptible to market supply and don’t have to worry about trying to track down ammo online or in your local gun shops. Money savings are possible, especially if you buy a good brand that reduces waste. We recommend a ammo reloading press to anyone looking to reload ammo as a hobby or secure their own source of ammo and rely less on the market. If you are looking specifically for shotshell reloading presses, please check out our Best Shotshell Reloading Press reviews.
The Hornady Lock-N-Load AP offers progressive reloading that’s smooth, precise and fast. The AP features automatic indexing, priming and ejection, every pull of the handle give you a precisely loaded round. The reason we have chosen this press as our top pick are:
– Auto-progressive reloading press for quickly switching dies and loading other calibers
– 5-station bushing system lets you change from 223 to 45 in less than 5 minutes
– EZject system reliably ejects every cartridge, every time, without adjustments
– Quick-change metering inserts; universal case retainer spring; automatic indexing system
– Built-in priming system; case-activated powder drop; large-capacity hopper
How Lock-N-Load Works
The patented Hornady Lock-N-Load System is as Easy as 1-2-3.
1. Insert the Lock-N-Load die bushing into the press bushing and lock it into place with a twist. The six locking lugs on the die and press bushings will hold it securely in position.
2. Insert your standard die with 7/8″-14 threads into the Lock-N-Load bushing.
3. Adjust the die to the proper position and lock your setting into the place with Hornady’s unique Sure-Loc lock ring.
Our top pick reloading press kit is the Lee Challenger kit that includes the new Breech Lock Challenger Press and one Breech Lock quick-change bushing. You get a complete powder handling system, with the most convenient and repeatable Perfect Powder Measure. Plus the Lee Safety Scale, the most sensitive and safest of all powder scales and fill your case with the included Powder Funnel.
This kit features the same components as the 50th Anniversary Kit, but Lee has replaced the Safety Prime with the New Auto Prime and a 8 of the most popular Hand Priming Tool Shell Holders (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 11, 12, and 19). This kit is for those who prefer to prime off the press. This press includes (1) Breech Lock Quick Change Bushing.
Case Preparation Tools include a Value Trim Case Trimmer that allows you to trim directly on your reloading press (order cartridge specific Quick Trim Die separately) and a Cutter and Lock Stud to trim your cases by hand. Order the correct Case Length Gauge for the cartridges you will be loading, it’s only $6.50 extra. An included Chamfer Tool chamfers the inside and outside of the case mouth and a tube of premium Sizing Lube is included. A small and large Primer Pocket-cleaning Tool completes the case preparation package.
The Rock Chucker Supreme Master Kit features everything you need to start loading like a pro. The kit contains one of the best single stage presses on the market (Rock Chucker Supreme) and surrounds it the equipment you need (except dies and shell holders) to start handloading ammo like a pro.
The Rock Chucker Supreme press has been lengthened to allow easy loading of today’s longer cartridge designs. With easy operation, ambidextrous handle, outstanding strength and versatility, the Rock Chucker Supreme is ideal for beginners and pros alike.
This kit is an excellent choice for beginners or you’ve been reloading for years.
- Rock Chucker Supreme Press
- .17-.60 Debur Tool
- Accessory Handle – 2 with two case neck brushes
- M500 Mechanical Scale
- Uniflow-III Powder Measure
- Universal Case Loading Block
- Hex Key Set
- Case Lube Kit
- Powder Funnel
- Speer Reloading Manual
The Hornady Ammo Plant turns the Hornady Lock-N-Load Progressive Press into a full bench mounted ammo factory allowing for the maximum production of ammunition.
Featuring automatic indexing, each station moves half a stage on the down stroke and half on the up stroke, making for ultra smooth functioning. This process is much smoother than presses that do all their indexing on the down stroke.
As with all Hornady products, you’re getting top of the line quality and service.
The Lock-N-Load® Ammo Plant™ includes the following:
- Lock-N-Load® AP™
- PressLock-N-Load® AP™ Case Feeder
- Lock-N-Load® AP™ Pistol Bullet Feeder
- Lock-N-Load® Die Bushing (10 – pack)
- Cartridge Bins (x3)
- Large Primer Pickup Tubes (x3)
- Small Primer Pickup Tubes (x3)
- Primer Slide Spring (x2)
- Pistol Metering Insert and Rotor
- Rifle Metering Insert and Rotor
- Powder Cop
- Deluxe Die Wrench
- Case Activated Powder Drop
- Lock-N-Load® Powder Measure
- Vintage Tin Sign
A great quality single stage reloader that is simple to operate and made from cast iron for durability.
– Heavy Duty Cast Iron Frame (22% heavier than the Rock Chucker Supreme)
– Wide Base for Extra Stability
– Tallest Opening of Any RCBS Single Stage Press
– Machined Qualified Surfaces
– Extremely Tight Tolerances
– Bottom of Ram Primer Ejection
– Ambidextrous Handle
– Zerk Fitting
– RCBS Limited Lifetime Warranty
Redding set out to create the ultimate turret press. Their engineering team started with our time proven cast iron construction and turret support that is second to none.
They added powerful compound linkage with over 3.8” of ram travel. A 1” diameter hollow ram was chosen with the “smart primer arm” and “spent primer collection system” borrowed from our Ultramag. Another station was added to the turret for even greater versatility and an optional “Slide Bar Automatic Primer Feeding System” was designed. After adding a few more subtle refinements and built with the precision you would expect from Redding, we’re confident this is the best turret press ever. Shown with optional “Slide Bar Automatic Primer Feeder System”. Also fits the new Big Boss Press.
This MEC Shotshell reloading press offers a lot of features in a single-stage reloader. MEC states that “the Sizemaster is the #1 choice of hunters worldwide” and based on the features, we see why. The built-in collet re-sizer returns every base to factory specs, drastically reducing jams. A must if you are using an autoloader or pump shotgun. We also like the ability to purchase additional die sets for different gauges, expanding the versatility of this shotshell reloader.
Simplicity without sacrificing convenience and efficiency
– Loaded with premium features.
– Includes highly accurate “Power Ring” collet re-sizer returns every base to factory specifications.
– Re-sizing station handles brass or steel heads, both high and low base.
– The E-Z Prime auto primer feed is standard equipment. It dispenses primers automatically (automatic primer feed not available on .410 bore).