Last Updated on December 1, 2020
Best Fly Fishing Chest Pack Quick List
- FishPond Thunderhead Chest Pack
- Umpqua Overlook 500 ZS2 Chest Pack Kit
- Allen Boulder Creek Fishing Chest Pack
- Aventik Fly Fishing Chest Pack and Backpack with Tools
- FishPond San Juan Vertical Chest Pack
A fly fishing chest pack is designed to carry your most essential fly fishing gear in a nice compact pack with easy access. All of our top fly fishing chest packs have all of the pockets, hook loops, and compartments you need to attach tools and store fly boxes.
FishPond Thunderhead Chest Pack
We like the FishPond Thunderhead because of the versatility of this chest pack. It has all of the compartments and attach points you need for all your fly fishing tools. The versatility comes from being able to use as a chest pack, attached to a FishPond backpack, mounted to a wading belt or attached to a boat. The pack is completely waterproof and can be used to protect your phone or small camera while out fishing.
The Thunderhead Chest Pack delivers a waterproof carry system created to purposefully load all of the essential gear for a day on the water, including a net holster that seats your long or short handled net perfectly. Bring along what you need, instead of what you have. While it’s a great standalone piece, it also integrates into our backpacks and can be lashed to your boat providing quick secure storage for wet rides. Built out of our trusted 1680d TPU coated recycled Cyclepond nylon, this clean chest pack is built to protect your gear from the elements.
– 1680D TPU coated recycled nylon
– Fully waterproof TIZIP zipper closure on the main compartment
– Front stretch mesh pocket with zipper closure
– Lightweight foam backpanel with integrated net slot for holding long or short handle nets. Also a D-ring for those who prefer to use a net release
– Interior organization with one zippered pocket, and one clear stash pocket for small gear
– Exterior Hypalon tabs for tool and accessory attachment
– Coated webbing pull tabs for opening TIZIP
– 1.5 inch wide double reinforced webbing shoulder straps
– Modular buckles detach from the back harness and attach to any of our compatible backpacks
– Multiple webbing adjustment points for easy fitting, and all excess webbing stows neatly behind the pack.
– Designed so that it can be worn / supported with a wading belt, or strapped to a boat with webbing pass-through on the back of chest pack.
– Front straps can be removed completely for clean and tangle free use on a wading belt or when strapped to a boat
Umpqua Overlook 500 ZS2 Chest Pack Kit
With great storage room and easy access to compartments, the Umpqua ZS2 is definitely worth a look for a fly fishing chest pack. Very convenient connection points for tools and an included add-on backpack make this chestpack one of our favorites. Swap the backpack out for the included net holder for additional features if you’d like.
• 4-Point harness attachment for all-day comfort
• 2 x ZS Retractor Stations – with hypalon attachment bands
• 2 x ZS Hemostat Grab Tabs – ambidextrous
• 1 x ZS Foam Fly Patch Station – includes foam fly patch
• 1 x ZS Cord Tippet Holder – “Stowable” when not in use
• 1 x Molle Modular Attachment Station – compatible with the ZS2 accessories (sold separately)
• Closed-foot zipper sliders (minimize line-snag)
• YKK Zippers
Allen Boulder Creek Fishing Chest Pack
The Boulder Creek Chest Pack features a zip down work station with tipped tender and fly patch. The padded neck strap comes with a net D-ring, and the pack also has multiple exterior D-rings for holding your accessories. High-viz lining helps you find your accessories, and multiple interior storage pockets help keep you organized. Holds up to 6 fly boxes. Heavy-duty molded zippers.
– Zip down work station with tipped tender and fly patch
– Padded neck strap comes with a net D-ring
– Multiple exterior D-rings for holding your accessories
– High-viz lining
– Holds up to 6 fly boxes
– Heavy-duty molded zippers
Aventik Fly Fishing Chest Pack and Backpack with Tools
The Aventik fly fishing compact backpack with chest pack is a nice combination of a chest pack with extra storage in a backpack. These two components can be worn together or worn detached separately. The compact backpack includes expandable large pockets. The front chest pack can be used as storage for essentials used more frequently. This chest pack offers a bunch of features to keep your items well organized and quick accessible while fishing.
This is a great chest pack for a beginner fly fisherman and includes a decent set of tools including: 1. Single head pulling reel re-tractor 2. Catch & Release Hemostat 3.Knot Tying tool 4.Stainless steel line cutter tool combo 5. Tippet T Holders
– Includes three large cargo pockets.
– Expandable main cargo pocket on backpack.
– Two exterior pockets sufficient space for wallet, tools and accessories.
– Multiple interior storage pockets, gear attachment tabs, cord loops, hemostat keepers, and D-rings.
– Zip down work station with a fly patch. The larger pocket fits large sized fly boxes.
FishPond San Juan Vertical Chest Pack
If you are looking for a lightweight, compact fly fishing chest pack, the FishPond San Juan vertical chest pack should be your pick. Enough room to carry all the basics, lots of hanging loops for attaching tools, and not too bulky.
– Low-profile vertical design
– Zippered main compartment for secure fly box storage
– Zippered interior pocket
– Fishpond Jacquard accent webbing and climbing cord loops for accessory attachment
– Belt loop attachment
– Signature, zip-down fly bench with replaceable foam