Last Updated on December 18, 2020
Best Sit On Top Fishing Kayak Quick List
- Perception Pescador Pro 100 Sit-On-Top Fishing Kayak
- Wilderness Systems ATAK 120 Sit-On-Top Fishing Kayak
- Perception Outlaw 11.5 Sit-On-Top Fishing Kayak
- Lifetime Tamarack Angler Sit-On-Top Fishing Kayak
- Lifetime Hydros Angler Sit-On-Top Fishing Kayak
- Old Town Sportsman PDL 106 Sit On Top Fishing Kayak with Pedals
Sit On Top Fishing Kayak are a favorite of anglers because of the vantage point they provide to the water by sitting higher up than a traditional sit in kayak. The seats provided in a sit on top fishing kayak are much more comfortable allowing longer trips and the seats are usually raised for better fishing. In addition, sit on top kayaks provide better storage and accessory mount options.
The Perception Pescador Pro series of sit-on-top fishing kayaks is outfitted with the features and performance serious anglers demand. Fast, stable, and designed to track straight in variable conditions—it’s the total package for effortlessly covering water on your favorite lake, pond or flat-water river to find the fish. All in a boat that’s lightweight for easy transport and storage.
The sit-on-top design offers generous storage and accessory mount options that make it easy to outfit the boat for all-day excursions. The removable and adjustable camp chair is the most comfortable seat found on any fishing kayak.
– Leak-proof one-piece construction with built-in buoyancy for added safety
– Large front and rear open storage for cooler tackle and other gear
– Seat can be lowered for relaxed paddling or raised for optimum casting
– Proudly designed molded and hand assembled in the USA
– Integrated accessory rails on each gunwale for fish finders Rod holders and other accessories
– Perfect for lakes and ponds slow moving rivers and streams and calm coastal waters
– Boat length 10’6” – width 32”
– Boat weight 57 lbs – Max capacity 325 lbs
The A.T.A.K. 120 is a continuation of the award-winning 140, maintaining all the core attributes that have set a new standard for fishing kayaks – an open customizable platform, unmatched stability, and a wind-shedding deck – yet the 120 brings an entirely new set of specialized performance attributes to the table. Rocker has been increased to better negotiate moving water, and a secondary transducer scupper has been added to accommodate electronics (including side-scanning technologies) while utilizing the Helix MD™ Motor Drive (sold separately). Additionally, a new quick-release cam lever now allows the AirPro MAX seat to be adjusted fore/aft on-the-fly.
AirPro MAX Seating System w/ Extended Travel: Patented suspension-style seat for all day comfort and performance. High, low and recline positions allow for great visibility and stability. Honeycomb mesh material keeps you cool and dry.
Side Scan Transducer Scupper: Secondary scupper hole allows for easy side-scan transducer installation.
Rear SlideTrax Accessory System: Easily add and remove accessories to the rear of your boat. Quickly reconfigure accessories based on conditions and the gear needed.
Stern Mount Plate: Give yourself endless options for mounting accessories with solid mounting bases for the ATAK 120.
Mid-ship SlideTrax Accessory System: Easily add and remove accessories to the middle of your boat. Quickly reconfigure accessories based on conditions and the gear needed.
Flex Pod OS Removable Console System: Mount fish finder, battery and transducer in a removable pod. Helix MD Motor Drive compatibility.
Removable Utility Pod Cover: Easily installed/removed and is useful for tool, tackle and beverage storage on the water.
Front SlideTrax Accessory System: Easily add and remove accessories to the front of your boat. Quickly reconfigure accessories based on conditions and the gear needed.
The newest generation in affordable fishing, the Outlaw 11.5 boasts a wide-open deck, an expansive standing platform, seriously elevated seating, and intuitive features throughout, disrupting the notion that an incredibly unique angling platform needs to break the bank.
The Outlaw also integrates industry-firsts including a stowaway seat for complete deck walkability and space for up to a 35L cooler. Two “double-barrel” rod holders offer the ultimate multi-rod setup. Elevated seating allows for the highest fishing vantage ever in a kayak, and the ergonomic and comfortable seat extends time on the water and transition easily from sitting to a standing position. With room to accessorize and several unique attachment points, rigging has never been easier.
– Designed to accommodate small to XL paddlers
– Optimized and elevated seating console – frame seat folds and is removable
– Stow position for seat is useful for transport and storage
– Large bow and stern tankwells provide ample storage for crates and fishing gear
– Molded-in trays and cup holders keep important items and refreshments within easy reach
– Large stern deck surface for DIY addicts who want to customize their boat
– Mesh cover with paddle park over front storage area
– Transducer scupper on hull for fish finders
– 2 “double-barrel” rod holders
– Traction pads provide added grip and deaden sound for fishing
– 3 Solo Mount recesses enable you to easily add mounts & accessory holders (sold separately) without drilling
– Unique molded-in bow and stern handles
– Side handles double as gear tracks
– 35L cooler storage area that can also be used as a seat
The Lifetime Tamarack 10 ft. Angler Kayak is a sit-on-top fishing kayak that has a comfortable padded seat and backrest for your long paddling and fishing adventures. Designed for extreme safety and stability, the Tamarack Angler has a stable flat bottom with deep tracking channels and stability chine rails. The kayak is constructed of blow-molded high-density polyethylene (HDPE) making it durable, UV-protected, and impact resistant. The 52 pound design and front and rear carry handles make it easy to transport to and from the waterfront. With fishing rod holders, shock cord straps, multiple footrest positions, and two storage hatches, this kayak has plenty of extras to enhance your paddling and fishing experience.
– 5-Year Limited Warranty
– Paddle Keeper to Secure Your Paddle to the Kayak
– Two 6-Inch Storage Compartments in Rear and Center
– Adjustable Padded Seat Back and Seat Pad for Comfort
– Two Hatches for Added Storage Beneath the Deck
– Two Flush Mounted Fishing Rod Holders
– Front and Rear Shock Cords
– Multiple Footrest Positions for Different Size Paddlers
– Front and Rear T-Handles for Easy Transport
– Constructed of UV-Protected High-Density Polyethylene
– Stable Flat Bottom
– One Top Mount Fishing Rod Holder
– One Adjustable Fishing Rod Holder
– Deep Hull Channels for Tracking Performance and Chine Rails for Stability
The lowest price sit on top kayak on our list, the Lifetime Hydros Angler Kayak is a sit-on-top kayak designed for extreme safety and stability. The kayak is constructed of blow-molded high-density polyethylene (HDPE) making it durable, UV-protected, and impact resistant. The lightweight, 41 pound design, front and rear T-handle, and convenient center carry handle make it easy to transport to and from the waterfront. With shock cord straps and multiple footrest positions this kayak has plenty of extras to enhance your fishing experience.
This kayak is a great youth fishing kayak or even for a parent to take out their young child on a fishing kayak with them. The kayak will carry an adult and young child safely.
– Tankwell Storage with Bungee Cord Lacing to Secure Loose Items
– Paddle Included
– 5-Year Limited Warranty
– Two Flush Rod Holders and One Adjustable Rod Holder
– Adjustable Quick Release Seat Back for Comfort
– Center Carry Handle for Easy Transport to Waterfront
– UV-Protected – Will Not Fade, Crack, or Split
– Combination Tunnel Hull Design Provides Great Stability and Tracking
– Multiple Footrest Positions for Different Size Paddlers
– Durable High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Construction
– Kayak Paddle Included
The best fishing kayak with pedals on the market, the Old Town Sportsman PDL 106 pedal kayak provides hands free fishing in a performance kayak that’s easy to maneuver and light enough to car top. With instant forward and reverse, the award-winning PDL Drive is the most reliable and easy-to-use pedal drive on the market.
The removable pedal drive installs in seconds and tips up instantly for shallow water docking.
– Ultra-stable DoubleU Hull glides quietly through water while providing a stable and comfortable stand-up fishing platform
– Low maintenance PDL Drive with patented easy-docking system for pain-free launch and landing. Covered by industry’s first-in-class 5 year warranty
– Superior seat design has great lumbar support and is adjusted to accommodate leg length on a shuttle track. The mesh cover provides ventilation and drainage to keep you dry.
– Two 18″ tracks on the forward hull provide easy on/off accessory mounting
– One forward-facing and two rear-facing flush mounted rod holders are there when you want them, and out-of-the-way when you don’t
– Non-slip EVA foam deck pads provide traction and stand-up comfort
– Rod and tackle management is made easier by the oversized tank well in the stern, storage under the seat and side pockets just below the accessory tracks. – – Dedicated horizontal rod storage for quick access.
– Dry storage for additional gear in the sealed bow hatch
– Cup holder for your favorite beverage
– Universal transducer mounting system allows for quicker installation of your fish finder