Last Updated on December 22, 2020
Best Fly Fishing Kayak Quick List
- Sea Eagle FishSUP 126 Inflatable Fishing Kayak and Stand-Up Paddleboard
- Perception Outlaw 11.5 Stand On Fishing Kayak
- Wilderness Systems ATAK 120 Stand Up Fishing Kayak
- Lifetime 2 Person Tandem Fishing Kayak
- Perception Pescador Pilot 12 Stand Up Fishing Kayak with Pedals
- Old Town Sportsman 106 Powered by Minn Kota Motorized Fishing Kayak
Fly fishing from a kayak is a great way to fish. You’ll need a stable platform to fly fish from so we have specially selected these fly fishing kayaks for their superb stability. A kayak can get you great access to ponds, rivers and other areas you want a boat to access the water. Using a fly fishing kayak gets you on the water faster, kayaks are nice and portable and easy to maintain.
Sea Eagle FishSUP 126 Inflatable Fishing Kayak and Stand-Up Paddleboard
While not a traditional kayak, the Sea Eagle FishSUP is our top pick and a great fly fishing kayak, you can sit, stand, cast, and even attach a motor to this kayak. This Sea Eagle Fishing Inflatable Kayak and SUP is the most versatile kayak and stand-up paddleboard available to anglers. Sit, stand, fish, motor, troll – designed for fishermen who want portability and storage options. This incredibly stable, bow to stern tapered, swallowtail inflatable kayak and stand up paddleboard is designed specifically for fishermen. The removable transom gives you the ability to run it with an electric motor. Extending your reach while conserving your energy.
Extremely portable and affordable, these inflatable fishing kayaks and SUPs are incredibly stable and easy to use, set up in under 10 minutes. If you don’t want to carry and secure larger heavy kayaks using roof racks or trailers, this is the best option for fishing. Small enough to fit in your trunk, they can be taken and stored just about anywhere.
Protective, non-slip EVA foam deck pads: Perfect for standing or sitting
360° swivel seats: For hours of comfortable seating
Removable rear motor mount: For mounting up to a 55 lb. thrust electric motor
Multiple D-ring attachment points: For attaching various accessories and gear
Conveniently located grab/carry handles: For ease of transport, launching and beaching
Built-in Fish Rulers: To be certain your catch is of legal length
Perception Outlaw 11.5 Sit-On-Top Fishing Kayak
The large standing platform sets this kayak apart as an excellent fly fishing kayak. The newest generation in affordable fishing, the Outlaw 11.5 boasts a wide-open deck, an expansive standing platform, seriously elevated seating, and intuitive features throughout, disrupting the notion that an incredibly unique angling platform needs to break the bank.
The Outlaw also integrates industry-firsts including a stowaway seat for complete deck walkability and space for up to a 35L cooler. Two “double-barrel” rod holders offer the ultimate multi-rod setup. Elevated seating allows for the highest fishing vantage ever in a kayak, and the ergonomic and comfortable seat extends time on the water and transition easily from sitting to a standing position. With room to accessorize and several unique attachment points, rigging has never been easier.
– Designed to accommodate small to XL paddlers
– Optimized and elevated seating console – frame seat folds and is removable
– Stow position for seat is useful for transport and storage
– Large bow and stern tankwells provide ample storage for crates and fishing gear
– Molded-in trays and cup holders keep important items and refreshments within easy reach
– Large stern deck surface for DIY addicts who want to customize their boat
– Mesh cover with paddle park over front storage area
– Transducer scupper on hull for fish finders
– 2 “double-barrel” rod holders
– Traction pads provide added grip and deaden sound for fishing
– 3 Solo Mount recesses enable you to easily add mounts & accessory holders (sold separately) without drilling
– Unique molded-in bow and stern handles
– Side handles double as gear tracks
– 35L cooler storage area that can also be used as a seat
Wilderness Systems ATAK 120 Sit-On-Top Fishing Kayak
With an open customizable platform and unmatched stability, the ATAK 120 is another great fly fishing kayak. The A.T.A.K. 120 is a continuation of the award-winning 140, maintaining all the core attributes that have set a new standard for fishing kayaks – an open customizable platform, unmatched stability, and a wind-shedding deck – yet the 120 brings an entirely new set of specialized performance attributes to the table. Rocker has been increased to better negotiate moving water, and a secondary transducer scupper has been added to accommodate electronics (including side-scanning technologies) while utilizing the Helix MD™ Motor Drive (sold separately). Additionally, a new quick-release cam lever now allows the AirPro MAX seat to be adjusted fore/aft on-the-fly.
AirPro MAX Seating System w/ Extended Travel: Patented suspension-style seat for all day comfort and performance. High, low and recline positions allow for great visibility and stability. Honeycomb mesh material keeps you cool and dry.
Side Scan Transducer Scupper: Secondary scupper hole allows for easy side-scan transducer installation.
Rear SlideTrax Accessory System: Easily add and remove accessories to the rear of your boat. Quickly reconfigure accessories based on conditions and the gear needed.
Stern Mount Plate: Give yourself endless options for mounting accessories with solid mounting bases for the ATAK 120.
Mid-ship SlideTrax Accessory System: Easily add and remove accessories to the middle of your boat. Quickly reconfigure accessories based on conditions and the gear needed.
Flex Pod OS Removable Console System: Mount fish finder, battery and transducer in a removable pod. Helix MD Motor Drive compatibility.
Removable Utility Pod Cover: Easily installed/removed and is useful for tool, tackle and beverage storage on the water.
Front SlideTrax Accessory System: Easily add and remove accessories to the front of your boat. Quickly reconfigure accessories based on conditions and the gear needed.
Lifetime 2 Person Tandem Fishing Kayak
While the Lifetime Sport Fisher Kayak is a tandem sit-on-top fishing kayak, it is an excellent solo kayak for fly fishing with a super stable kayak you can even stand up in. The kayak has comfortable padded seats and backrests for your long paddling and fishing adventures. Designed for extreme safety and stability, the Sport Fisher has a tunnel hull design boasts 500 lb. of weight capacity and is incredibly stable making it nearly impossible to tip over. The kayak is constructed of blow-molded high-density polyethylene (HDPE) making it durable, UV-protected, and impact resistant. With fishing rod holders, shock cord straps, multiple footrest positions, and two storage hatches, this kayak has plenty of extras to enhance your paddling and fishing experience. Includes two kayak paddles, two padded backrests which can be moved to any of the three seating positions, three flush-mounted fishing rod holders, and a 6 in. hatch for added storage access beneath the deck. It is also designed to accept the Lifetime Power Mate motor mount accessory (sold separately) making it possible to add an electric trolling motor to your kayak.
– Versatile Design Allows for Solo or Tandem Paddling
– Self-Bailing Scupper Holes Drain Cockpit Area of Water
– 2 Paddles Included
– Ditty Trays and Shock Cord Straps to Secure Loose Items
– Front and Rear Molded Paddle Cradle, Paddle Clips on Both Sides
– Hull Design Provides Ultra Stability and Great Tracking
– UV-Protected Linear Low-Density Polyethylene (LLDPE) Rotational Molded Construction
– Multiple Footrest Positions for Different Size Paddlers
– 5-Year Limited Warranty
– Comfortable Ergonomic Seating
– High and Dry Seating Keeps Riders off the Floor of the Kayak
– Fishing Pole Holders
– 500 lb. Capacity
– 10-Foot Compact Length for Easy Transport and Storage
– Molded Front Carry Handle
– Rear Storage Hatch
– Designed to Accept the Lifetime Power Mate™ Motor Mount Accessory (Sold Separately)
Perception Pescador Pilot 12 Fishing Kayak with Pedals
The Perception Pescador Pilot 12.0 kayak’s superior stability and fishing performance make it the ultimate fly fishing kayak for anglers of all abilities. If you are fly fishing in larger open water, the Pilot Drive propeller system effortlessly propels the boat, even in reverse, while leaving both hands free. The spacious, sit-on-top design with generous storage and accessory mounts make the kayak easy to customize. Superior stability even allows anglers to cast from a standing position. Boasting more performance, comfort, features, and storage than any kayak at this price, the Pescador Pilot sets the new standard for value and innovation.
The Perception Pescador Pilot comes with a bicycle-style rotational peddle drive that users pedal in a circular fashion (versus a push pedal drive) This motion feels natural for most kayakers and, one key advantage offered by this drive over some other pedal drives is the ability to go in reverse without making any additional adjustments. Some pedal drives must be removed from their housing and flipped to accommodate reverse paddling.
All pedal drives must be retracted when the kayak enters shallow waters, typically at depths of less than 18 inches. So, when launching or coming ashore, the drive of your pedal kayak will be in a retracted position and then you will deploy the pedal drive while on the water.
Old Town Sportsman 106 Powered by Minn Kota Motorized Fishing Kayak
The best fly fishing kayak with a motor on the market, The Old Town Sportsman 106 Powered by Minn Kota motorized kayak is simple and intuitive, getting you on the fish faster in a compact, low-profile kayak you can car top. This kayak is a nice manageable 10′ length.
The 45 lb. thrust 12V saltwater-ready Minn Kota motor gets you effortlessly there and back.
– Powerboat style throttle for intuitive forward and reverse. Built-in battery meter
– Motor combines with foot brace steering for truly hands-free fishing and exceptional maneuverability
– Lead-acid or lithium-ion battery compatible
– Premium seating for all day comfort. Dual-layer Textilene is durable, UV resistant and easy to clean. A mid-layer of 3D mesh adds comfort without inhibiting Textilene’s natural breathability. Removable for transport
– Four 18″ tracks enable easy on/off mounting of accessories
– One forward-facing and two rear-facing flush mounted rod holders are there when you want them, and out-of-the-way when you don’t
– Non-slip EVA foam deck pads provide traction and stand-up comfort
– Equipped with shallow water anchor mounting inserts
– Tournament-ready channels secure your fish measuring board with in-hull storage when not in use. Measuring board not included