Last Updated on December 22, 2020
Best Fishing Kayak Under $1000 Quick List
- Perception Pescador Pro 100 Sit-On-Top Fishing Kayak
- Vibe Kayaks Skipjack 120T 2 Person Fishing Kayak
- Perception Outlaw 11.5 Sit-On-Top Fishing Kayak
- Elkton Outdoors Steelhead 130 Inflatable Fishing Kayak
- Lifetime 2 Person Tandem Fishing Kayak
- Sevylor Coleman Colorado 2-Person Inflatable Fishing Kayak
- BKC TK219 2 Person Fishing Kayak
Finding a cheap Fishing Kayak under $500 is actually very reasonable. There are a lot of models available if you concentrate on the standard sit on top style without built in propulsion like pedal drives or trolling motors. We really like sit on top kayaks because they provide better storage and accessory mount options as well as comfortable seating and great fishing vision.
Perception Pescador Pro 100 Sit-On-Top Fishing Kayak
Our top pick for a fishing kayak under $1000, the Perception Pescador Pro series of sit-on-top fishing kayaks is outfitted with the features and performance serious anglers demand. Fast, stable, and designed to track straight in variable conditions—it’s the total package for effortlessly covering water on your favorite lake, pond or flat-water river to find the fish. All in a boat that’s lightweight for easy transport and storage.
The sit-on-top design offers generous storage and accessory mount options that make it easy to outfit the boat for all-day excursions. The removable and adjustable camp chair is the most comfortable seat found on any fishing kayak.
– Leak-proof one-piece construction with built-in buoyancy for added safety
– Large front and rear open storage for cooler tackle and other gear
– Seat can be lowered for relaxed paddling or raised for optimum casting
– Proudly designed molded and hand assembled in the USA
– Integrated accessory rails on each gunwale for fish finders Rod holders and other accessories
– Perfect for lakes and ponds slow moving rivers and streams and calm coastal waters
– Boat length 10’6” – width 32”
– Boat weight 57 lbs – Max capacity 325 lbs
Vibe Kayaks Skipjack 120T 2 Person Fishing Kayak
A great value for a tandem kayak that can be used solo, the Vibe Skipjack 120T tandem kayak is a sit on top kayak perfect for those wanting to fish, explore, or paddle with a companion. The Skipjack 120T is a stable two person kayak that performs well in surf, rivers, and flat water and is easy to paddle for any age or experience level. Equipped with 3 seating positions, the Skipjack 120T easily holds 2 adults and a child or it can be paddled solo from the center position.
We like this is our top pick for those looking for a traditional style sit on top two person kayak for fishing. It has a ton of nice features for fishing such as a center console tackle toss, mounts for accessories, great seats and molded-in rod holders.
Sturdy, yet lightweight enough to transport a good distance, it is a great value for a two person fishing kayak.
– 2 built-in ergonomic backrests and cushions
– 4 molded-in, comfort grip handles
– 2 built-in cup holders
– Molded in foot braces
– 2 6″ sealed V-Wave deck plates with cargo bags
– 2 flush mount fishing rod holders
– 2 mounts for rectangular base accessories
– 2 side bungee paddle parks
– 2 quick access paddle rests
– Front and rear cargo storage area with bungee tie down
Perception Outlaw 11.5 Sit-On-Top Fishing Kayak
The newest generation in affordable fishing, the Outlaw 11.5 boasts a wide-open deck, an expansive standing platform, seriously elevated seating, and intuitive features throughout, disrupting the notion that an incredibly unique angling platform needs to break the bank.
The Outlaw also integrates industry-firsts including a stowaway seat for complete deck walkability and space for up to a 35L cooler. Two “double-barrel” rod holders offer the ultimate multi-rod setup. Elevated seating allows for the highest fishing vantage ever in a kayak, and the ergonomic and comfortable seat extends time on the water and transition easily from sitting to a standing position. With room to accessorize and several unique attachment points, rigging has never been easier.
– Designed to accommodate small to XL paddlers
– Optimized and elevated seating console – frame seat folds and is removable
– Stow position for seat is useful for transport and storage
– Large bow and stern tankwells provide ample storage for crates and fishing gear
– Molded-in trays and cup holders keep important items and refreshments within easy reach
– Large stern deck surface for DIY addicts who want to customize their boat
– Mesh cover with paddle park over front storage area
– Transducer scupper on hull for fish finders
– 2 “double-barrel” rod holders
– Traction pads provide added grip and deaden sound for fishing
– 3 Solo Mount recesses enable you to easily add mounts & accessory holders (sold separately) without drilling
– Unique molded-in bow and stern handles
– Side handles double as gear tracks
– 35L cooler storage area that can also be used as a seat
Elkton Outdoors Steelhead 130 Inflatable Fishing Kayak
If having a portable inflatable fishing kayak with a huge number of features for fisherman is important to you, you should also consider this inflatable fishing kayak. Especially designed for fishing. From its front bungee storage to its multiple universal hard mounting points, the Steelhead kayak is especially designed for fishing. Keep your rods, fish finders, action camera and other fishing essentials safe and dry in the bungee storage or attach them steadily in the multiple universal hard mounting points. It also has a padded seat to keep you comfortable while waiting for your catch.
Includes universal hard mounting points that can be used for Rod Holders, Action Cameras, Fish finders, etc.
– One paddle included
– Removable Fin
– Travel Bag
– One Padded high back seat
– One foot rest
– Dual Action hand pump
Lifetime 2 Person Tandem Fishing Kayak
While the Lifetime Sport Fisher Kayak is a tandem sit-on-top fishing kayak, it is an excellent solo kayak for anglers looking for a super stable kayak you can even stand up in. The kayak has comfortable padded seats and backrests for your long paddling and fishing adventures. Designed for extreme safety and stability, the Sport Fisher has a tunnel hull design boasts 500 lb. of weight capacity and is incredibly stable making it nearly impossible to tip over. The kayak is constructed of blow-molded high-density polyethylene (HDPE) making it durable, UV-protected, and impact resistant. With fishing rod holders, shock cord straps, multiple footrest positions, and two storage hatches, this kayak has plenty of extras to enhance your paddling and fishing experience. Includes two kayak paddles, two padded backrests which can be moved to any of the three seating positions, three flush-mounted fishing rod holders, and a 6 in. hatch for added storage access beneath the deck. It is also designed to accept the Lifetime Power Mate motor mount accessory (sold separately) making it possible to add an electric trolling motor to your kayak.
– Versatile Design Allows for Solo or Tandem Paddling
– Self-Bailing Scupper Holes Drain Cockpit Area of Water
– 2 Paddles Included
– Ditty Trays and Shock Cord Straps to Secure Loose Items
– Front and Rear Molded Paddle Cradle, Paddle Clips on Both Sides
– Hull Design Provides Ultra Stability and Great Tracking
– UV-Protected Linear Low-Density Polyethylene (LLDPE) Rotational Molded Construction
– Multiple Footrest Positions for Different Size Paddlers
– 5-Year Limited Warranty
– Comfortable Ergonomic Seating
– High and Dry Seating Keeps Riders off the Floor of the Kayak
– Fishing Pole Holders
– 500 lb. Capacity
– 10-Foot Compact Length for Easy Transport and Storage
– Molded Front Carry Handle
– Rear Storage Hatch
– Designed to Accept the Lifetime Power Mate™ Motor Mount Accessory (Sold Separately)
BKC TK219 2 Person Fishing Kayak
The Brooklyn Kayak Company BKC TK219 is the perfect two person kayak for the family of adventurers. This capable craft can accommodate one, two, or three paddlers at a time. It’s nimble and lightweight enough to be easily controlled by a single person, but with a 595-pound weight capacity and its 12-foot, 6-inch length, three people can take to the water atop the TK219, and what’s more, they can do so in comfort. The three-seat kayak will remain balanced even in choppy waters or swift currents thanks to its 34-inch beam, and it offers superb stability for fishing in all sorts of conditions. You can even attach a trolling motor and cruise in style.
The TK219 features plenty of storage space for kayak fishing gear for all three paddlers. The multiple fishing rod mounts allow you to troll for fish leaving your hands free for paddling. This kayak comes with two 86″ aluminum paddles included and a pair of deluxe kayak seats. (The middle seat is comfortable as-is, but not designed for an insert.)
Sevylor Coleman Colorado 2-Person Inflatable Fishing Kayak
With 18-gauge PVC, a thick tarpaulin bottom and a tough nylon cover, this inflatable fishing kayak is durable enough to be a great portable kayak. The adjustable seats will keep you paddling comfortably the whole trip. Sevylor has a special trolling motor for their inflatables, stock may be limited. The Berkley Quick Set Rod Holders let you adjust your pole angle for the ultimate hands-free fishing experience. With your hands free, it’s easier to take care of your gear, which stores nicely in the mesh pockets or attached to D-rings.
– 18-gauge PVC construction is rugged for lake use , NMMA certified
– 1000D tarpaulin bottom and 840D nylon cover provide durable protection from punctures
– Multiple air chambers allow another chamber to stay inflated if one is punctured
– Berkley Quick Set Rod Holders are adjustable for enhanced hands-free fishing
– Sevylor trolling motor fittings expand your fishing capabilities
– Paddle holders secure your paddles out of the way
– Boston Valve is double threaded for easy inflation/deflation
– Mesh storage pockets keep gear and snacks close at hand
– D-Rings are an easy way to attach other equipment