Last Updated on December 16, 2020
Best Portable Fish Finder Quick List
- Humminbird Helix 5 CHIRP GPS G2 Portable Fish Finder
- Lowrance HOOK2 4x Portable Fish Finder All Season Pack
- Garmin Striker 4 Portable Fish Finder
- Humminbird PiranhaMAX 4 PT Portable Fish Finder
- Garmin ECHOMAP UHD 63cv Portable Fish Finder Ice Fishing Bundle
- Deeper CHIRP Smart Sonar Castable Fish Finder
The best portable fish finders are created to include special portable kits that allow the fish finder to be used for fishing in places like a kayak or ice fishing. All of the kits we recommend include rechargeable batteries, cases, and portable mounts for transducers including suction cup style mounts.
Humminbird Helix 5 CHIRP GPS G2 Portable Fish Finder
Nicely packaged into a portable kit, the 5″ widescreen display on this portable fish finder is the perfect combination of portability and visibility. This HELIX 5 GPS G2 model features CHIRP Digital Sonar, GPS mapping, AutoChart Live, the new HumminbirdⓇbasemap, DualBeam PLUS, SwitchFire and a portable kit.
Portable Carrying Case Includes: Suction Cup Transducer and mounting hardware, power cable, gimbal mounting bracket, and soft-sided carrying case that protects your Humminbird for safe transport.
A ton of features that make this our top pick for a portable fish finder – details below.
Lowrance HOOK2 4x Portable Fish Finder All Season Pack
If you’re looking to save money because you know you don’t need full-feature GPS, but still want a great screen, loads of features and easy usability, this might be a perfect option as a portable fish finder. This fish finder includes traditional high CHIRP sonar plus DownScan Imaging, letting you track baits, mark fish, and identify structure under your boat.
Included in the Kit are: The HOOK2 4X Fish Finder, Two Transducers (1 wide-angle CHIRP sonar cone and 1 Ice Transducer), Battery, Charger and Carry Case
– EASIEST TO USE: The Lowrance HOOK2 4x Fish Finder features auto-tuning sonar and phone-like menus giving you more time to spend fishing and less time dealing with settings.
– WIDER SONAR COVERAGE: The HOOK2 4x offers a wide-angle CHIRP sonar cone giving you double the coverage of traditional fish finders.
– EASY SETUP: A single transducer can be mounted on the transom, inside the hull, on the trolling motor or through a scupper hole.
– MORE SONAR VIEWS: The Lowrance HOOK2 4x comes complete with a SplitShot transducer which gives you DownScan sonar (straight down) and CHIRP sonar (fish arch) views.
– FISH FINDER & GPS: The HOOK2 5x provides basic navigation with a GPS plotter that allows you to add waypoints, follow trails, and navigate. No maps included.
Garmin Striker 4 Portable Fish Finder
STRIKER 4 fishfinder with portable carrying case is perfect for fishing from a kayak or canoe and is especially handy for ice fishing. Mark and return to your hot spots, boat ramps and docks. You also can share your favorite waypoints and routes with other STRIKER and echoMAP™ chartplotter combos. Smooth Scaling™ graphics provide uninterrupted imagery when switching between depth-range scales. Sonar history rewind allows you to scroll back through sonar images to mark waypoints you originally may have missed. Includes carrying case, rechargeable battery, CHIRP (77/200 kHz) transducer and a tilt/swivel mount. For high-performance CHIRP, you can add-on compatible transducers.
– Easy-to-use 3.5-inch color fishfinder with built-in, high-sensitivity GPS
– Portable carrying case is perfect for kayak, canoe or ice fishing
– Find fish; mark and return to hot spots, docks and ramps
– Includes CHIRP (77/200 kHz) sonar transducer; transmit power (200 W RMS)/(1,600 W peak-to-peak)
– Upgrade to high performance CHIRP with a GT8 or GT15 transducer (each sold separately)
Humminbird PiranhaMAX 4 PT Portable Fish Finder
With modern styling and a larger 4.3″ color LCD, the PiranhaMAX™ 4 will give you a fresh perspective on what’s below your boat. Thanks to a redesigned, even easier-to-use interface, Fish ID+™, fish alarms, depth alarms and zoom has never been simpler. Feature for feature, it packs a technological chomp that no fish finder in its class can match. This portable fish finder comes with a soft-sided carrying case along with a suction cup transducer, 7Ah battery and charger.
– Dual Beam Sonar: Choose from a narrow and a wide beam for great detail or a generous coverage area, helping you identify fish, structure and contours.
– Tilt and Swivel Mount: Quickly adjust your viewing area angle.
– Portable Carrying Case: Take your fishing system on the go. The soft-sided carrying case protects your Humminbird for safe transport.
– Includes: portable carrying case, portable transducer, 7 Amp Hour battery and wall charger.
– 1-Year Limited Warranty
Garmin ECHOMAP UHD 63cv Portable Fish Finder Ice Fishing Bundle
Even though this is an ice fishing bundle, this portable fish finder is designed for the passionate angler to be used year round. The ECHOMAP UHD 63cv ice fishing bundle is made for ice or open water and can be easily transported between seasons.
– ECHOMAP™ UHD 63cv chartplotter
– GT8HW-IF transducer
– Power cable
– Tilt/swivel mount
– Portable fishing kit: Bag with handle / Foam float / Rechargeable battery / Battery charger
– The portable 6” ECHOMAP UHD 63cv ice fishing bundle is excellent on ice and on your boat for year-round fishing, and it features a glove-friendly keyed interface.
– The bundle includes a high wide CHIRP ice fishing transducer with selectable beamwidth and provides crisp, clear fish arches with excellent target separation.
– The built-in flasher provides accurate jig and fish detection as they swim into the sonar beam.
– The unit comes preloaded with LakeVü g3 maps with integrated Navionics® data, covering more than 18,000 lakes in the U.S.
– You can create custom pages that combine sonar, flasher and map on your display.
– ECHOMAP UHD 63cv also supports ClearVü scanning sonar for open water. Get nearly photographic images of what’s below the surface (transducer sold separately).
Deeper CHIRP Smart Sonar Castable Fish Finder
Deeper CHIRP is the world‘s first castable, Wi-Fi enabled fish finder that utilizes CHIRP technology. The three beam frequencies, crisp clarity and extreme depth accuracy makes it ideal for quickly locating target species holding spots, pinpointing predator fish and fishing in extreme depths. It is perfect for casting or trolling and mapping (using smartphone or tablet GPS) from a small boat/kayak/SUP, shore and ice fishing.
About Deeper Chirp:
– With a target separation of 0.4” / 1cm, you’ll be able to easily pinpoint target species even when they are amongst a school of bait fish or track the tiniest lure when vertical jigging.
– With CHIRP, surface clutter and noise are minimal, so you can expect precise sonar readings in very shallow water and locate fish as close as 6” / 15cm from the water’s surface. To the other extreme, you will be able to distinguish bottom huggers in water as deep as 330 ft. / 100m.
– 3 Beam Frequencies: Discover fish holding spots faster by scanning an area with the wide angle beam, 47° (100 kHz). Use the mid angle beam, 16° (290kHz) to drill in on that hotspot you’ve located. Home in on your target species with the very detailed, 7° (675kHz) narrow angle beam.
– Charge Fast: 80% in 45 minutes, 100% in 75 minutes. Get back on the water, fast.
Compatibility: From iOS 12.0 and Android 5.0 to the latest iOS and Android devices
Sonar Type: 3 Frequency CHIRP – Narrow CHIRP 675 kHz (cone angle 7°), Medium CHIRP 290 kHz (cone angle 16°), Wide CHIRP 100 kHz (cone angle 47°)
Target Separation: 0.4 in / 1 cm. Narrow Chirp, 0.94 in / 2.4 cm. Medium Chirp, 0.94 in / 2.4 cm. Wide Chirp
Depth Range: 6 in / 15 cm.– 330 ft / 100 m.
Sonar Scan Rate: Up to 15 scans per second
Sonar Modes: Standard, Ice fishing, Boat
Bathymetric Mapping: uses smartphone or tablet GPS to map from boat / kayak / SUP
Operating Temperature: -4°F to 104°F / -20°C to 40°C
Operating Time: Up to 8 hours
Charging Technology: Fast charge, 80% in 45 min., 100% in 75 min.
Internal Battery: Lithium Polymer, 3.7V Rechargeable, 950 mAh
Power Adapter (not included in the box, recommended): Input 110V/220V. Output Micro USB, 5V 2A
Connection Type: Wi-Fi
Connection Range: Stable connection up to 330 ft / 100 m.