Last Updated on December 15, 2020
Best Castable Fish Finder Quick List
- Deeper CHIRP Smart Sonar Castable Fish Finder
- Lowrance FishHunter 3D Castable Fish Finder
- Deeper PRO+ with GPS Castable Fish Finder
- iBobber ReelSonar Wireless Bluetooth Smart Castable Fish Finder
- Deeper Start Smart Fish Finder
The best castable fish finders are created to include special floating devices that connect using Wi-Fi to a tablet or smartphone but without need for internet or broadband cell data usage. They are portable, lightweight, wireless and have excellent features in a small package. Use castable fish finders in all types of fishing including shore fishing, from small boats and kayaks, and even ice fishing.
Deeper CHIRP is the world‘s first castable, Wi-Fi enabled fish finder that utilizes CHIRP technology. The three beam frequencies, crisp clarity and extreme depth accuracy makes it ideal for quickly locating target species holding spots, pinpointing predator fish and fishing in extreme depths. It is perfect for casting or trolling and mapping (using smartphone or tablet GPS) from a small boat/kayak/SUP, shore and ice fishing.
About Deeper Chirp:
– With a target separation of 0.4” / 1cm, you’ll be able to easily pinpoint target species even when they are amongst a school of bait fish or track the tiniest lure when vertical jigging.
– With CHIRP, surface clutter and noise are minimal, so you can expect precise sonar readings in very shallow water and locate fish as close as 6” / 15cm from the water’s surface. To the other extreme, you will be able to distinguish bottom huggers in water as deep as 330 ft. / 100m.
– 3 Beam Frequencies: Discover fish holding spots faster by scanning an area with the wide angle beam, 47° (100 kHz). Use the mid angle beam, 16° (290kHz) to drill in on that hotspot you’ve located. Home in on your target species with the very detailed, 7° (675kHz) narrow angle beam.
– Charge Fast: 80% in 45 minutes, 100% in 75 minutes. Get back on the water, fast.
Compatibility: From iOS 12.0 and Android 5.0 to the latest iOS and Android devices
Sonar Type: 3 Frequency CHIRP – Narrow CHIRP 675 kHz (cone angle 7°), Medium CHIRP 290 kHz (cone angle 16°), Wide CHIRP 100 kHz (cone angle 47°)
Target Separation: 0.4 in / 1 cm. Narrow Chirp, 0.94 in / 2.4 cm. Medium Chirp, 0.94 in / 2.4 cm. Wide Chirp
Depth Range: 6 in / 15 cm.– 330 ft / 100 m.
Sonar Scan Rate: Up to 15 scans per second
Sonar Modes: Standard, Ice fishing, Boat
Bathymetric Mapping: uses smartphone or tablet GPS to map from boat / kayak / SUP
Operating Temperature: -4°F to 104°F / -20°C to 40°C
Operating Time: Up to 8 hours
Charging Technology: Fast charge, 80% in 45 min., 100% in 75 min.
Internal Battery: Lithium Polymer, 3.7V Rechargeable, 950 mAh
Power Adapter (not included in the box, recommended): Input 110V/220V. Output Micro USB, 5V 2A
Connection Type: Wi-Fi
Connection Range: Stable connection up to 330 ft / 100 m.
FishHunter is pocket-sized technology that floats on the surface of the water and sends you sonar views via the FishHunter app. It tracks bottom depth, water temperature, fish location and lures to help you find and catch more fish. Even if you have conventional sonar technology, FishHunter gives you access to shallow and vegetative areas you could not reach by boat. FishHunter 3D gives you all the versatility of castable fish finders but with enhanced features like Directional Casting View, custom mapping and fishing with 3D images.
Reliable WiFi, No Data Connection Required – Offering a more reliable connection than Bluetooth®, the WiFi connection between FishHunter and your smartphone or tablet does not require a cellular or internet connection and keeps your phone available for texts and calls.
Buoy-like Design – Get a more reliable WiFi connection with FishHunter’s unique, buoy-like design, which is difficult to submerge
Multiple Fishing Views – See how fish are relating to changes in bottom contours with FishHunter’s 3D Fishing View, quickly check water depth and the location of fish relative to the FishHunter 3D with Directional Casting View or find fish under the ice with the optimized Ice Fishing view
Create Custom Maps – Create custom Bathymetric color contour charts or structure maps of your favorite fishing spot or the entire lake by trolling FishHunter 3D behind your boat
Integrated LED Light – FishHunter 3D is easy to see during early morning/nighttime conditions due to an integrated LED light that also functions as battery indicator/charging light
Tri-Frequency Coverage – FishHunter 3D features five tri-frequency transducers, each supporting 381kHz, 475kHz and 675kHz frequencies
FishHunter App – Log catches, waypoints, follow your friends and even live stream catches around the world with the free FishHunter app, available from the IOS App and Google Play Stores
The Deeper PRO+ is a castable, GPS enabled, Wi-Fi fish finder. It offers more power, more features, outstanding casting range and unbelievable scanning depth giving you incredible scanning and mapping from shore, boat, kayak and on the ice.
GPS onshore mapping: Just cast out, reel in and create detailed maps live on your smartphone screen. The Deeper PRO+ is the only fish finder on the market capable of creating bathymetric maps from the shore.
– Mark fish. See fish arches and bait balls, or add fish icons with depth tags and fish size.Mark fish. See fish arches and bait balls, or add fish icons with depth tags and fish size.
– Locate structure and vegetation, and see bottom contour, hardness and consistency.Locate structure and vegetation, and see bottom contour, hardness and consistency.
– Know depth and water temperature (only with the START, PRO and PRO+ models) from the moment you start scanning. Know depth and water temperature (only with the START, PRO and PRO+ models) from the moment you start scanning.
– Choose from 3 color palettes for perfect display visibility, whatever the weather.Choose from 3 color palettes for perfect display visibility, whatever the weather.
– Mark your favourite fishing spots, boat launching places, camping sites, parking spots and other places of interest.Mark your favourite fishing spots, boat launching places, camping sites, parking spots and other places of interest.
– Log your catches with photos and detailed notes alongside technique, equipment and baits or lures used.Log your catches with photos and detailed notes alongside technique, equipment and baits or lures used.
Works in saltwater and freshwater, and is very effective at locating fish and structures on ponds, lakes, streams, and rivers. It even works for ice fishing.
– Syncs with iOS (Apple) 11.0 and later operating systems and Android 6.0 or later that use Bluetooth Smart (4.0). Compatible with Google Watch and Apple Watch.
– Two snap swivel connections for use as bobber or as fish finder
– Up to 135 Feet Depth Sonar Readings
– 100 Feet Bluetooth Range (Depending on the phone)
– LED Beacon
– 10+ hrs battery life
The castable Deeper START fish finder now has updated the firmware, so you can cast further with quicker, more reliable and longer-range Wi-Fi connection. Locate fish faster with an easy to understand display, clear vegetation and bottom contour visuals.
– See what’s under the water on your smartphone
– Save time by quickly finding the perfect fishing spot
– Easily find fish and know where they are hiding
– Gets everyone excited to go fishing together
– Compatibility: From iOS 12.0 and Android 5.0 to the latest iOS and Android devices
– Depth Range: Max/Min Max 165ft / 50 m, Min 1.6ft / 0.5 m