Last Updated on August 10, 2020
Best Portable Shower: Quick List
- Mr. Heater Basecamp Battery Operated Portable Water Heater Shower System
- Coleman Hot Water on Demand Portable Water Heater Shower
- RinseKit Portable Shower
- Reliance Products Flow Pro Pressurized Portable Shower
- YAKIMA RoadShower Vehicle-Mounted Pressurized Portable Shower
- Equipt Portable Camping Shower with Expandable 4 Gallon Bucket
- Advanced Elements Summer Solar Shower
- Camplux Propane Gas Outdoor Portable Tankless Water Heater
When purchasing a portable shower, you have a number of options to choose from. If you plan on an extended stay in the outdoors or a camping trip, we recommend a portable heated shower that provides hot water. Hot water provides better cleaning action and a much more enjoyable experience cleaning yourself after a day outside. If you’re simply looking for a simple shower to rinse some sand off your feet or rinse some outdoor gear, we provide recommendations for those portable showers as well.
The Best Portable Propane Hot Water Showers
The Mr. Heater Water Heater Shower is another super portable option that is extremely versatile for your camping water heater needs. Mr. Heater has a few models, our favorite is the XB13 for it’s versatility. The BaseCamp B.O.S.S XB13 is the first and only hot water system using D-Cell batteries to gain CSA safety certification. All you need is a water source, a 1lb. propane cylinder and 6 D-Cell batteries to have hot water at your fingertips in even the most remote places.
We recommend making this a rechargeable unit using EBL Rechargeable D Batteries. These batteries are large capacity and hold a charge and can power this water heater for hours. Get 2 sets to have a backup set while camping.
Details from the Mr. Heater website:
- Portable, Durable, Self-Contained Hot Water On-Demand System
- Matchless Electronic Pulse Ignition produces Hot Water at the Flip of a Switch
- Scald Protection,Tip Switch and Flow Driven Ignition
- Certified for use in USA and Canada
Watch the Mr. Heater BOSS Water Heater Shower Video
The Coleman Hot Water on Demand H2Oasis Portable Water Heater is another super portable option to provide hot water whenever and wherever you need it. Even though this option is more expensive than other models, we recommend it for campers looking for an entire package that includes a built-in lithium-ion battery, which can be charged from your car outlet with the included charger, powers the electric pump and LED display. The packages also includes a 5-gallon water carrier and a shower head that can be placed in the adjustable holder for use as a sink faucet, or you can detach it for use as a handheld sprayer with the 6-foot, non-kink hose.
Specifications from the Coleman website include:
- Dispenses hot water up to 125 °F in approximately 30 seconds
- Instastart™ ignition for automatic, matchless lighting
- PerfectFlow™ technology provides consistent performance, even in extreme conditions
- Adjustable to dial in the perfect temperature
- LED display provides easy-to-see hot water and status indicators
- Shower head with 6-ft. non-kink, silicone hose for convenient use
- Multi-position shower head holder with height adjustment and multi-axis rotation
- Quick connect brass hose fittings – easy, durable hose attachments
- High-power submersible electric pump provides reliable, strong water flow
- Built-in lithium ion rechargeable battery powers the electic pump and LED display
- 12V charger to recharge from your car outlet
- 16.4-oz. propane cylinder (sold separately) heats up to 40 gallons of water on high on one
- Perfect for washing, hot beverages or showering when camping, hunting or enjoying other outdoor occasions
- Mesh storage bag and 5-gallon collapsible water carrier included
- 3-year limited warranty
The Best Portable Showers with Pressurized Water
Rinse Kit has become one of the most popular portable shower kits on the market for outdoor use. It’s widely used by surfers, campers and workers on job sites across the world. The Rinse Kit’s main feature is the 2 gallon tank designed to store pressure for up to a month. The portable shower quickly fills with hot or cold water in just 30 seconds from a hose bib or sink. Using your hose actually delivers pressure to the unit which pressurizes the portable shower and provides a nice powerful spray.
The Rinse Kit portable shower includes a spray nozzle that offers seven different settings from jet stream to soaking shower. Other additions includes: Folding handle for one-handed carrying, and easy-to-remove lid to stand on for changing, the RinseKit comes with a Hose Nozzle, 6′ Hose, Hose Bib Adapter, On/Off Valve, and Quick Connect
More details about this portable shower are below:
- 2 gallon tank designed to store pressure for up to a month
- Quickly fills with hot or cold water in just 30 seconds from a hose bib or sink
- Includes storage area inside for a small towel, sunscreen, or snacks; and a detachable lid that can be used to stand on when rinsing off.
- Easy reach 6ft long hose
- 5 spray settings for all your rinsing needs (Jet, Mist, Center, Flat, Shower)
- Included Hot Water Sink Adapter allows you to fill your RinseKit with hot water from your sink!
This portable shower is a 2 gallon hand pump pressurized kit. We like this product because it is a nice kit that offers everything you might need for a portable shower. It’s a simple design that anyone can operate and 2 gallons is a good amount of water to clean up whatever you might need to clean.
- Pressurized portable shower featuring a continuous spray with trigger action shower head. Equipped with a 6′ kink resistant hose and pressure release valve.
- Includes a washable neoprene sleeve with mesh pouch for storage. Make transporting easy with convenient carry strap.
- Hold ups to 2 gallons of water.
The Yakima Roadshower Portable shower comes in 3 sizes: 4 gallons, 7 gallons, and 10 gallons. This portable shower kit mounts to the roofrack on your car and provides solar heated water with pressure to a hose and spray. The water storage tank provides 2 options to pressurize the water: 1) Hook the tank to your garden hose which will provide pressure 2) A Schrader Air Valve offer the option to pressurize with a hand pump or electric pump.
Yakima is a trusted brand in the outdoor industry. Although this portable shower comes with a hefty price tag, it is high quality and having up to 10 gallons of heated water on your roof rack provides a convenient supply of water you are sure to use.
More details about this portable shower are below:
- Patented Design is built strong with welded aluminum construction and durable powder coat finish.
- Brass water connection fittings.
- Large top-cap allows for easy filling.
- Includes a stick-on thermometer strip for the outside of the tank.
- Includes two outlet water ports, one on each end, for convenient water access.
- Included Hose Lengths: Small and Medium 55”, Large 81”.
- Integrated lock loops allow you to lock RoadShower to your roof rack.
- Stainless steel universal mounting hardware fits all Yakima® crossbars and most other roof racks.
The Best Budget Portable Showers
This simple portable shower kit includes a 4 gallon expandable bucket and battery-powered pump delivering water through the hose. No need to hang anything, the bucket can stay on the ground and the pump will deliver water to the sprayer. We like this product because it is a nice kit that offers everything you might need for a portable shower. It’s a simple design that anyone can operate and 4 gallons is a good amount of water to clean up whatever you might need to clean.
- Hassle-Free design for easy transportation with quick setup and operation with a pop-out expanding bucket for space-saving storage.
- Portable shower bucket rests on the ground and battery pump delivers the pressure to wash.
- Simply unfold the 4-gallon bucket. Fill it with water. Attach the hose. Flip the switch. Enjoy your shower.
Another simple portable shower kit that includes a 3 gallon capacity solar heated bag. This portable shower must be hung high so that gravity can deliver water through the hose and shower head. We like this product because it is a nice kit that offers everything you might need for a portable shower. It’s a simple design that anyone can operate and 3 gallons is a good amount of water to clean up whatever you might need to clean.
- Designed to heat water fast in the warm sun; has water temperature gauge.
- Extra-large filling valve with twist-off cap; wide carrying handles; Velcro straps for soap and shampoo.
- Rolls up for easy storage.
The Best Portable Hot Water Shower for Your Camper, RV or Van
The Camplux Portable Propane model is the most versatile of the tankless water heaters for RV, Camper and van users. This version connects to a propane line or tank and can be used both inside and outside. It sets up in minutes, so for outdoor use, you can hang it outside your vehicle and attach to a tank and shower or rinse dishes with hot water right next to your vehicle. If using indoors, make sure the water heater is well ventilated. One way to vent effectively is if a flue pipe is installed additionally (the flue pipe not included). The ideal operating range for the 2.11 GPM Camplux portable tankless water heater is 3.0～110.0 PSI water pressure. For reference, a typical home water pressure is about 45-55PSI with water faucets reaching up to 80 PSI. If you’re going to use a water basin rather than a water hook-up, we recommend using a water pump optimized for this unit. The Camplux 12V Water Pump 65PSI DC 1.6GPM 6LPM, is your best option.
The Camplux Tankless Water Heater is a nice unit that is truly portable and versatile for a bunch of camping situations. More details about this camper hot water heater are below:
- Outdoor use approved. It can be also mounted indoors if well ventilated with a flue pipe installed additionally. (Flue pipe not included)
- Turn the ignition on with 2 “D”cell batteries whenever electricity is not needed!
- Applicable water pressure from 3.0～110.0 PSI. Hot water output 2.11 gallons per minute.
- Eco/Full switch function, save more gas in summer time! Also works great with Camplux 12V 1.6 GPM water pump.
- Overheat protection, dry combustion protection, flame failure device, anti-freezing protection to ensure safety.
- Maximum power output 55,000btu/hour,compact and light weight structure with 11.5% energy saving technology. You can get instant endless hot water easily wherever you are.
- Comes with CSA approved gas regulator and required adapters.
- Save Money-High thermal efficiency at 88.5%.
- Save Space-Traditional tank heaters take up a lot of space.